On this site you can learn more about therapeutic riding on Salt Spring Island, find out how to take part in the program, sign up to be a volunteer, view our calendar for the upcoming year, and so much more!
The Salt Spring Therapeutic Riding Association provides quality, professional equine assisted activities for both children and adults with special needs. Equine assisted activities help to improve muscle tone, balance, posture, coordination and motor development as well as psychological, cognitive, behavioral, communication and emotional well being. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of children and adults with developing abilities.
VOTE NOW TO HELP SSTRA WIN A GRANT FOR OUR RELOCATION PROGRAM!!!
1. Visit our story on Volinspire (insert link directly to your post-located by clicking the Share button) and vote by choosing any of the emojis (smile, heart, Canadian leaf). You can only vote for each post one time.
2. You will be prompted to create an account in order to place your vote. You can connect with your Facebook or LinkedIn account or create an account using your email address.
a. If you connect with Facebook or LinkedIn, your account will automatically be created using the email and profile image from your profile
b. If you create your account using an email address, you will need to enter in your first and last name, email address and a password
3. Once you've signed up, your vote has been placed!
4. Don't forget to share the link with your family and friends and even on social media.
5. Anyone and everyone can vote, so help us spread the word! Only votes placed on Volinspire will count. Voting will take place until June 23.
A team of professionals provide an inclusive riding environment that aids physical rehabilitation, helps people with their personal development, teaches horsemanship skills, and is a stimulating recreational activity.Learn more
We are always looking for volunteers to assist with the riding lessons, stable management, barn chores, administrative duties fund raising and more.
For those with physical, intellectual, or emotional challenges, therapeutic riding is a unique way to obtain healthy physical exercise.
and it's FUN!